What is an anal fissure?
An anal fissure is a tear in the lining of the lower rectum (anal canal) that causes pain during bowel movements.
What are some signs and symptoms of anal fissures?
Signs and symptoms of an anal fissure include:
- Pain, sometimes severe, during bowel movements
- Pain after bowel movements that can last up to several hours
- Bright red blood on the stool or toilet paper after a bowel movement
- Itching or irritation around the anus
- A visible crack in the skin around the anus
- A small lump or skin tag on the skin near the anal fissure
When to see a doctor
Contact Dr. Alexander if you have pain during bowel movements or notice blood on stools or toilet paper after a bowel movement.
Thousands of patients have chosen Dr. Alexander!
Call Now: (626) 431-2710.
We are committed to provide our patients a comprehensive approach to hemorrhoid and colon health. We would be honored to walk with you in this journey to a healthier you!